home

Friday 18 March 2016

Editing the film on Premiere Pro

Now with all our clips gathered after a long and endearing filming process, it is time to piece it together into the final compilation. For this i'm using Adobe Premiere Pro, an advanced and professional software on Macs. Premiere Pro allows me to edit, manipulate and perfect my clips. The main thing I will be using it for linear editing.
I uploaded my clips onto my file area which allows me easy access to them, and enables me to easily drag them into the correct place. I then use the razor tool to cut the clip perfectly to remove any unnecessary footage before placing the clip into order.
Some of our filming sessions were done at different times in the day, this means the lighting is different in some of our footage. Using the brightness and contrast tool on the effects area, I matched the lighting of the clips so they work together in one sequence.
Another issue we used Premiere Pro to resolve was the sound levels. Some of our clips had uneven sound levels that needed balancing. Using the Volume tool I brought the sound level to a sensible level that makes the sound more comprehensible. I also used the pen tool to drop and raise the volume level in certain points where it wasn't balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment